USTR to Accept Petitions Regarding GSP Modification
April 4, 2018
In a Federal Register notice published April 4th, the USTR announced that it will accept petitions for modification of the Generalized System of Preferences (GSP). Petitions can request the following:
- Changes to a country's status as a GSP beneficiary on the basis of unacceptable policies or practices.
- Remove the GSP-eligibility status of one or more countries' products
- Obtain a waiver of competitive need limitations.
- Denial of de minimis waivers for otherwise eligible products.
- Addition of currently GSP-excluded products to the list.
Petitions are due to the USTR by April 16, 2018. Petitions can be submitted electronically through the Federal Rulemaking Portal.
Please contact one of our attorneys for further information.